Easters Coming! Don’t know what to do with all that chocolate, here’s your solution!
100g Dark Chocolate (Cooking)
85g Plain Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
200g Terry’s Chocolate Orange
280g Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
Sprinkle of icing sugar
1) Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
2) Add in 100g of the Terry’s Chocolate Orange and melt in the bowl, take off the heat once it’s all melted.
3) Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk with all the sugar.
4) Fold in the melted chocolate, do not whisk it in! It is important to keep the mix light and fluffy.
5) Add in the flour and cocoa powder and fold in again.
6) Once all mixed in, break up the rest of the chocolate orange and add in to the mix.
7) Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 180°.
8) Leave out the oven for 5 minutes before dusting with icing sugar.
This classic bean and rice salad gets a cajun twist for extra delicious flavour!
Ingredients (serves 2):
150g Basmati Rice
1 Can Kidney Beans
2 Stalks Celery
200g Baby Plum Tomatoes
1 Large Handful Parsley
3tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
4tbsp Olive Oil
2tbsp Brown sugar
2 Cloves Garlic
1tsp Dried Thyme
1/2tsp Celery Salt
1/2tsp Black Pepper
1/2tsp Cayenne Pepper
1) In a large pan boil the water.
2) Once boiling add the rice and leave to cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
3) Drain the kidney beans and place in a large bowl.
4) Slice the celery and tomatoes and add to the kidney beans.
5) Drain the rice if any excess water and add to the kidney beans.
6) Combine all the ingredients for the cajun dressing in a food processor and blend for 1 minute.
7) Place the beans and rice mix on a plate and drizzle over the dressing.
So today is, Shrove Tuesday … Pancake Day! This presents us with a problem, we want to be healthy but we always want to devour as many pancakes as we can because pancake day only happens once a year! Here’s a delicious recipe where you can enjoy your pancakes and not feel guilty!
These pancakes are brilliant as they are healthy, full of protein and super simple to make!
Ingredients (makes 10):
1tbsp Brown Rice Protein Powder (optional)
1) Mash the bananas in a blender.
2) Add the eggs and process again for 1 minute (if you are using protein powder add now).
3) Grease a pan over a medium heat with a small amount of the butter.
4) Once pan is hot add 2tbsp of the pancake mix.
5) When the pancake begins to bubble flip it, cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
6) Regrease the pan as needed and repeat step 4 and 5.
Decorate these delicious pancakes with any toppings you like!